“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh” (Ezekiel 36:26, NIV)
In life, we all have negative things happen to us. We go through situations that are unfair. I know people who were raised in an unhealthy environment. Their parents had issues, and now it’s making it much more difficult on them.
But here is what I’ve learned: when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He gives you a new heart. In other words, your blood line changes. No longer are you subject to your earthly heritage, you become subject to your heavenly heritage! His spiritual blessing always overrides the curse in the natural realm. When you understand who you are and what God has already done, then no matter what someone else has done, no matter how unfair it was, no matter how you were raised, you won’t get bitter. You won’t live with a chip on your shoulder. You realize that nothing can stop you from fulfilling your God-given destiny!
Today, remember you came from Almighty God. He gave you life. When you choose Him, you are choosing your heavenly heritage of blessing and eternal, abundant life!
A Prayer for Today
God in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I may be saved. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me; let Your will be done in my life. Thank You for making me new in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
Psalm 100:4, NKJV.
As believers, we have the honor and privilege to enter boldly into God’s presence. Scripture says that we can come to His throne of grace and receive His mercy. Because He loves us, He has given us unlimited access to Himself 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
But notice that today’s verse tells us that we shouldn’t just come any old way to God. We shouldn’t come empty-handed to the King of kings and the Lord of lords. What can we bring? What do we have that’s worthy of Almighty God? Our praise. Our thanksgiving. Our worship. We are to enter His gates with an offering from our hearts of adoration because He is worthy!
We have to understand, praise isn’t just about singing songs on Sunday mornings. Praise is the expression of gratefulness to Father God for Who He is and all that He has done. Praise gets God’s attention. Praise is a powerful tool in the life of the believer because God inhabits our praises! When we enter His presence the right way, He enters our circumstances, and when God shows up, the enemy must flee! Today, enter into His gates with thanksgiving and open the door for Him to move on your behalf!
Hey, thanks for the message. I’m sorry to hear that you’re in this situation. I’m not going to give you complete and thorough advice about this because I really don’t know what it’s like in your shoes right now. But I do know a few things the Bible says, and that’s definitely worth something.
It sounds like you’re planning on not putting the baby up for adoption? For the sake of this advice I’m going to assume that. Adoption is awesome too. I have 5 adopted brothers and sisters.
A couple of thoughts for you.
1) Don’t accept the “Bigger Sin” or “Multiple Sin” myth. We’ve all sinned, we’re all in the same boat. God’s grace is bigger than all of your sins! There’s nothing you can do that will cause God to stop loving you.
2) You’re already done the best thing that you could do. Repenting and accepting His forgiveness and choosing to be remade into something new is really the only thing that’s expected of you. Jesus said to a woman in a similar situation: “Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more.” God doesn’t expect penance or a certain amount of guilt and shame before He’ll take you back. Another example: Check out the story of the Prodigal Son. He was all ready to come back to his father’s house as a slave. But His dad doesn’t even let him speak before making him the most honored person in the house!! That’s you. When you put your eyes back on God there was a huge party in heaven.
3) Get Godly council. Surround yourself with wise people that want to see you succeed. There’s a lot of things that you don’t know about raising a child. Don’t be afraid to ask people. Get involved with your church. There’s a lot of safety in the body of Christ.
4) Commit to being an awesome mom! Read scripture and pray daily. Become a woman that leans on God’s presence and gets excited about who God is. Memorize scripture so that you know what to do when hard things come up.
5) I don’t know how old you are, I don’t know anything about your boyfriend, but consider marriage if He’s a Christian. I would not advise sleeping together if you’re not married. As you know self-control is hard to maintain when you’re in that situation. Plus you want commitment from the person that’s raising the child with you.
Anyways, those are some of the thoughts that come to mind. Please, please, please don’t just get may advice. Talk to a pastor or two. Check everything anyone said with the Bible.
We’re praying for you. You can do this!!